If you have cockroaches at your property (home or business), it’s important to destroy their eggs immediately as one easily becomes fifty. You must do it right, so you don’t waste your time and effort. Read our expert guide that shows you how to eliminate cockroach eggs for good.
Cockroach Life Cycle
The cockroach life cycle begins with the production of eggs. Adult females produce between ten and forty eggs at a time, which they carry in specialized cases called oothecal. The eggs are elongated and resemble a pill. Under favourable conditions (usually warm and humid), females can produce a new egg capsule every few weeks. This ongoing birth cycle is responsible for the development of a roach infestation which can be in its thousands. If you have such an infestation, you must get an expert pest control consultant in as soon as possible. They are fully equipped to deal with such situations.
Where to Look for Cockroach Eggs
Generally speaking, most cockroaches like a moist, warm environment near food and water. This is why cockroaches and their eggs are commonly found in kitchens and bathrooms. Cockroaches also like cracks and crevices and seek out humid or wet parts of a building. Be sure to check these areas of your home or business regularly for signs of roach activity:
- Sinks and counter tops
- Drawers, cupboards and pantries
- Appliances like kettles and toasters
- Floor and tub drains
- Plumbing cabinets and water heater closets
- All rubbish bins, including recycling
- Damp areas, including the basement and laundry room
- Any part of a building where meals are consumed
How to Kill Roaches and their Eggs
You can generally kill cockroaches through store bought insecticides like boric acid and diatomaceous earth. For a severe infestation, you must get the professionals in. To kill the eggs, you can vacuum them out, burn them or pour some boric acid over them. You can use natural pesticides or try a home remedy of a mixture of sugar and baking soda. If you’re still experiencing
Difficulty, contact your pest control expects.
Preventing Roach Infestation
A little maintenance, good hygiene practices, and a reduction in clutter can all prevent cockroach infestations in your place. Here are some smart tips to follow:
- Seal small cracks and crevices — cockroaches can enter, deposit eggs or hide
- Inspect any bags, boxes and luggage before bringing them inside
- Clean all leftover food, spilled food and drinks
- Wash dirty dishes as soon as possible after use
- Empty rubbish bins regularly — seal bags before placing outside
- Remove clutter — helps eliminate cockroach hiding places
Now that you know the importance of destroying cockroach eggs, don’t ignore them. If you suspect cockroaches and their eggs are in your home, contact our experts at AGJ Pest Management for further assistance.